Get ready to hit the runway and control the day-to-day operations of your very own airport as AirportSim taxis onto Steam this October
Haarlem, The Netherlands, September 14th 2023 – Trade swords and shields for air traffic wands and hi-vis vests as AirportSim, a hyper-realistic airport ground handling simulator, prepares for a smooth landing on Steam on October 19th 2023. Developed by MS Games and published by Iceberg Interactive, AirportSim offers an experience that tasks wannabe ground handling staff with various assignments, including refuelling, aircraft guidance, luggage handling, and giving incoming passengers the warmest of welcomes. Assisted by an expansive set of vehicles with realistic physics and interior models, this airport has no excuse for delays!
Recognising the importance of realism in simulator games, AirportSim delivers faithful recreations of existing airports and aircraft. Partnerships with airlines such as WizzAir and Atlantic Airways, alongside the inclusion of real airports such as Warsaw Chopin and Vagar Airport, ensure that the experience is as immersive and realistic as possible. A detailed weather system that accounts for real-time weather changes in conjunction with METAR reports is also present, providing an additional degree of realism and another set of factors to manage in the quest to ensure maximal day-to-day efficiency of the airport.
Each of AirportSim’s game modes offers a bespoke experience. Scenario is a structured mode that assigns fixed flight plans, weather conditions, and tasks to complete in order to succeed. Challenge mode is all about chasing high scores and leaderboards, and Free Play is an open-ended mode with no rules, leaving players free to explore the airports and engage with tasks as they wish. Alternatively, invite fellow ground crew to your airport and work together cooperatively, or perhaps you can sabotage a friend’s airport and create uproar in the terminal with delays galore…
- Licenced aircraft and vehicles recreated based on real manufacturer blueprints, such as the 737 MAX and Airbus A320neo
- Partnered airlines, including EnterAir, WizzAir, and Atlantic Airways, with more to come!
- Faithfully reproduced airports based on Warsaw Chopin, Vagar, Key West and Keflavik, with more to come in the future
- Varied gameplay experiences through multiple unique game modes
- Real-time weather using the METAR weather system
- Ground crew tasks developed based on interviews with real ground-handling staff
- Steam Workshop support, create your own aircraft skins and gameplay situations
About MS GAMES:
MS GAMES is an independent video game studio based in Warsaw, Poland. Established in 2018, we specialize in developing high-quality, premium indie titles that create engaging stories and dynamic gameplay. Our passionate team is dedicated to its craft, working diligently to produce exceptional results.
About Iceberg Interactive: