Bomb-based action game features a mind-boggling array of multiplayer options and content never before seen in this genre
7th March 2018. Michigan, USA – Independent game developer Victory Lap Games, founded by ex-Insomniac developers Chris Pfeiffer and Mike McManus, today announced that its Bomberman-inspired title Blast Zone! Tournament will be exploding onto PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC in late 2018. Drawing on their experience of working on blockbuster titles such as Ratchet and Clank and Resistance: Fall of Man, Victory Lap Games has created the ultimate love-letter to the bomb-based strategy genre by adding an explosive array of multiplayer modes, levels, and gameplay options, plus thousands of character rewards and customisations.
Aiming to deliver the ultimate multiplayer experience for both console and PC gamers, Blast Zone! Tournament is a treasure trove of cross-platform multiplayer riches. At its core, up to 8 players can compete locally on their couch, or they can take the battle online in 32-person multiplayer frenzies. Where the game really shines is its ability to combine and customise the two options, allowing gamers to host 32-player matches with endless combinations of couch-based local teams and online players. Multiplayer will also work PC to PlayStation®4 and PC to Xbox One. Gameplay takes place across seven distinctly themed locales, including a tropical jungle, a pirate ship on the high seas, and even the most notorious of venues – a smoke-filled 1990s dance club.
Once players have teamed up, they can select from up to 10 unique multiplayer modes, including traditional Team Deathmatch, Bomb Blast in which the dynamics change as bombs are used to paint floor tiles and King Mode – an attack vs defence scenario in which teams must protect a VIB (a Very Important Bomber). Each of the ten modes can be played across 280 levels that can be customised down to the very last detail.
For those who don’t want to take part in online multiplayer mayhem, Blast Zone! Tournament also features a fully-loaded single-player campaign that stretches across 4 seasons of a hilarious reality-TV meets gameshow. Aptly named Challenge Mode, the single-player campaign comprises of 240 diverse and unique challenges with a wide variety of zoomorphic enemy robots, mind-boggling puzzles, and insidious traps.
To keep players engaged and rewarded, Blast Zone! Tournament features a massive reward system enabling gamers to earn and unlock over 10 billion character customization combinations. Players can earn amazing outfits, awe-inspiring hats, and hilarious emotes, then mix them together to realise a totally unique personal style.
For competitive players, Blast Zone! Tournament will be optimized for esports play at launch.
Blast Zone! Tournament will launch as a premium-priced digital download via PlayStation®Store, Microsoft Store, and Steam in late 2018, priced at $19.99.
- 32- player cross-platform multiplayer, either local, online, or combined. Multiplayer matches each have unranked and ranked options to cater to both casual players and hardcore fans
- 10 solo and team-based multiplayer modes, including Free-For-All, Team Deathmatch, Bomb Blast, Treasure Mode, King Mode, Zombie Mode, and more!
- Story-driven single-player Challenge Mode provides 240 unique challenges
- 280 multiplayer levels, with tweakable options including handicaps, lives, starting items, bomber stats, overall match settings, and more
- Create individual characters with over 10 billion unlockable cosmetic and gear item combinations
- Robust set of social features from friends lists to partying, news, mail, and more to help foster a healthy community and lay the foundations for esports tournaments
- Pulsating party soundtrack
About Victory Lap Games
Christopher Pfeiffer and Michael McManus formed Victory Lap Games in February 2017. Their past experience includes work on numerous franchises, including Ratchet & Clank, Resistance: Fall of Man, Descent, Red Faction, and more. They are now fully dedicated to realizing their desire to craft high-quality, socially connected, multiplayer games for worldwide audiences.