Europe’s biggest gaming conference returns for a three-day all-digital event on November 3rd; speakers include Apocalypse CEO Denis Dyack; EA Games Tülay TcNally; and Resident Evil Village’s writer Antony Johnston
November 14th, 2021, Malmö, Sweden – Celebrating its 20th event, Nordic Game is proud to unveil its speaker lineup for NG21 Autumn. Highlights include Denis Dyack (CEO, Apocalypse); Tulay TcNally (Inclusive Design Director, EA Games); and game narrative writer Antony Johnston (Resident Evil Village and Dead Space). Since it began in 2004, Nordic Game has grown to be the most prominent games industry conference in Europe, attended by industry professionals worldwide. NG21 Autumn will run online exclusively from November 3rd through November 5th.
NG21 Autumn continues the tradition of offering unparalleled insight, stories and speeches from top-flight talent in the industry. This year’s speakers follow in the footsteps of gaming luminaries Hideo Kojima (Kojima Productions), Tim Schafer (Double Fine) and Ed Fries (Microsoft), NG21 Autumn’s lineup of speakers includes:
- Denis Dyack, Co-Founder and CEO, Apocalypse – Dyack is a game industry veteran with over 30 years of experience on hit titles like Blood Omen and Eternal Darkness. Currently working on Deadhaus Sonata, a Narrative Driven Action RPG where you play the Undead fighting the living.
- Tülay McNally, Inclusive Design Director, EA Games – Leading a “Nordic Game Impact Session”, Tülay McNally will discuss inclusive design and how this impacts the development of products and services. With a philosophy of including as many people as possible, the session considers gender, age, sexuality, ethnicity, culture & customs, beliefs and more.
- Antony Johnston, Writer – Antony is a New York Times bestselling author who moved into games. His credits include Dead Space and the recent Resident Evil Village. During NG21 Autumn, Antony offered a “fireside chat” to discuss his work and methodology.
- Patri Alanko, Thomas Puha, Remedy Entertainment – In this joint fireside chat, Remedy Communications Director Thomas Puha and award-winning composer Petri Alanko give insight into their work on Alan Wake Remastered and the journey of bringing an 11-year-old classic to new audiences.
- Anette Ståløy, CMO, Dirtybit – Anette is CMO at the Norwegian studio Dirtybit, developer of the Fun Run series, with more than 130M downloads worldwide. Anette will moderate the opening keynote panel of Nordic CEO’s talking about the industry’s current state.
The talks make up just one part of NG21 Autumn’s schedule of live-streamed events. These events include Champions of Mobile for the first time, a new series of sessions focused on the mobile market in partnership with Niantic, Scopely and App Annie. Attendees can also enjoy roundtable discussions and panels, expert presentations and make full use of networking opportunities before the event culminates with the Nordic Game Discovery Contest Grand Finals. The Nordic Game Discovery Contest (NGDC) is an exciting and competitive challenge where selected game projects are showcased live in pitch competitions at partner events across Europe.
Nordic Game will return as a physical event to the Slagthuset in Malmö in May 2022. For the first time, the conference will run alongside the previously delayed Nordic Game Expo consumer event.
About the Nordic Game conference
Nordic Game is the leading games conference in Europe, and 2021 marks its nineteenth and twentieth editions. Gathering thousands of industry professionals in Malmö annually, Nordic Game is the one and only “home turf” meeting place for the highly successful game developers of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden.