Big Games Machine was asked to help with the global launch of Els: Evolution, a mobile game based on the global PC franchise with over 28 million players worldwide.
Kunlun needed us to build media awareness of the game, secure reviews, and support localised social media outreach.
iOS and Android
What we did
Global launch PR
What we did
- Contacted more than 500 games journalists, as well as bloggers who we thought, would be interested in the game because of its huge global popularity and striking anime art style.
- We extensively playtested the game to make sure it was ready for a Western release. This included language, grammar and spelling checks, as well as editing text for video trailers and promos.
- We generated 37 unique pieces of coverage and reviews across a number of publications, including Heavy, Examiner and Droid Gamers
- The game also received a 4-part review in PocketGamer, and was listed by The Guardian as one of the top Android games of the month
- Our coverage generated 2.9 million estimated coverage views
- The game was also featured on both the ‘New and Updated’ page in the European Google Play store and as a ‘Top Free Android Game’ in the US Google Play Store, following our outreach to the Google Play games team