Indie game developer 232 Studios was looking for a specialist app marketing agency to help them launch their new Platform/Puzzle title Epic Eric for iOS and Android. The game was entirely coded and designed by independent developer Neil Glenister. having never launched a game before, Neil approached us to help guide him on all aspects of the global launch strategy for iOS and Android.
Client: 232 Studios
Platform: iOS & Android
Project: Epic Eric launch
What we did: Launch PR, social media campaign, Save The Knight
What we did
- We worked extensively with 232 studios to help them optimise their game for the app store including generation of all app store text and optimisation of the screenshots and promo trailer
- We also wrote a press release and undertook extensive media outreach to over 800 media to review the game
- We also co-ordinated promo-code giveaways for social media competitions with media partners who were interested
- For a later game update we also developed the ‘Save the Knight’ website and even had a campaign song made.
Epic Eric received a fantastic reception due to its unique graphical style and the twist of letting the princess rescue the knight.
- The game hit the top 5 slot in over 25 countries
- We secured the game global featuring in the ‘New and Noteworthy’ page on the App Store
- Overall, we secured over 50 pieces of coverage for Epic with the game being reviewed by all the major target media including PocketGamer, TouchArcade, Gamezebo, AppAdvice, The Guardian, 148 Apps, AppSpy and more
- We also secured an interview for 232 Studios owner Neil Glenister with a piece on mobile games with BBC Worldwide as well as a speaking slot in the Indie Developer track at MGF 2015