Mixtvision approached us to announce and launch Studio Fizbin’s forthcoming platform adventure game, Minute of Islands on PC and consoles.
Mixtvision approached Big Games Machine to announce and launch Studio Fizbin’s forthcoming platform adventure game, Minute of Islands on PC and consoles. Studio Fizbin’s team is rooted in illustration and adventure gaming, which we recognised would have a broad appeal across media segments and was the resulting focus of our efforts.
The project began with the announcement of the game to the global media at GDC 2019 and placing interviews with the team. Then, in early 2021 we announced the release date of Minute of Islands and secured coverage as well as interest in reviewing the game at launch.
The game was later delayed, so we gave the media an update about this. Despite the delay, we continued to secure coverage about the game, and added even more media who were interested in review when the game would be ready.
Minute of Islands
PC and Console
What We Did
Announcement and release date announcement
pieces of content
What we did
- Created a multi-phase outreach campaign targeted at relevant global media to announce the game, its release date and generate early interest for review.
- Arranged and coordinated face-to-face interviews at GDC’s Independent Games Festival Pavilion.
- Advised on press kit and additional assets with copy editing.
- Remained reactive to the evolving development of the game updating as required.
- Reached out to over 1,000 media for each announcement phase.
- We secured over 300 pieces of coverage across the announcement and release date announcement phases, including coverage in EDGE, Eurogamer, PC Gamer, PCGamesN, Push Square, Rock Paper Shotgun, Nintendo Life, 3DJuegos GameRant, Bleeding Cool and placement of the trailer on IGN.
- Generated review requests from over 70 separate outlets.