We supported Smoking Gun Interactive with the cross-platform launch of their spooky strategy game, Phobies, and its subsequent expansions.
Smoking Gun Interactive approached our team with the challenge of coordinating the cross-platform launch of their ghoulish tactical CCG, Phobies, which pits players against one another in the surreal realm of the human subconscious.
Our team carefully managed the launch in March 2022 across Steam, Android and iOS to secure coverage in multiple mobile-focused publications (including Pocket Gamer, Pocket Tactics and Android Authority) and general games media such as IGN and GameRant.
Following the successful launch, we partnered with Smoking Gun Interactive to launch two expansions, which added more monsters to collect, new maps, and more. Our connections to the mobile games media enabled us to produce articles based on the updates on Pocket Gamer, alongside further coverage in IGN, Bleeding Cool, and Pocket Tactics.
Client: Smoking Gun Interactive
Platform: PC & Mobile
What We Did: Coordinated the cross-platform launch campaign of Phobies, as well as two later expansions, to secure over 150 pieces of media coverage.
What we did
- Planned and coordinated the announcement and launch campaign of Phobies to produce over 120 pieces of coverage.
- Further assisted with launching two content expansions to build media interest and excitement with the game’s core fanbase.
- This also involved drafting engaging content for publication in Pocket Gamer, highlighting the latest features.
- Advised on timelines for each release window to maximise the chances of success against other market competitors.
- Secured over 150 pieces of coverage, including specialist publications such as Pocket Gamer and Pocket Tactics, alongside the games media juggernaut IGN.
- Across all three campaigns, we delivered an estimated view count of 4.15m with a combined audience of over 224m.
- Phobies was mentioned over 350 times across social media and online forums from January to March 2022, reaching over 618k.