Help AI-powered robots explore a world full of possibilities in Little Learning Machines, crash landing into Steam Early Access on October 5th
Toronto, Canada, October 5th, 2023 – Transitional Forms, the innovative studio lab at the forefront of blending artificial intelligence with storytelling since 2018, is today announcing the Steam Early Access release of Little Learning Machines. Giving players the power to train their own adorable robots via real-time neural networks, Little Learning Machines is a genre-leading reinforcement learning game where players and their robots work together to overcome increasingly complex challenges.
Little Learning Machines tells the story of Imogen, a crystal from the cosmos that crash lands on an island planet full of ancient inanimate robots. Imogen can use pieces of their crumbling form to bring them back to life in the hope of helping them traverse this strange new world. These newly discovered robots are clueless by default, so they require training, which takes place in a magical place called the Training Cloud. This is where positive/negative reinforcement, presented through the intuitive love/fear rewards system, comes into play, and as the neural network of each robot develops, unique personalities and skills will begin to emerge.
Each quest brings new themed islands to explore, opportunities to train your robots in increasingly complex skills, and more brain-bending challenges to overcome. Up to nine bots can be trained, with the ability to interact with the world of Little Learning Machines both independently or together.
Little Learning Notes:
- Unlock the potential hidden inside your own adorable robots by training their real-time neural networks using the power of AI and your very own computer
- Teach your little robot new skills in the Training Cloud, and then watch it learn to complete complex missions
- Each neural network develops in a bespoke fashion, allowing unique skills and personalities to emerge
- The user-friendly love/fear rewards system ensures that players of all levels can explore Little Learning Machine’s world
- Train up to nine robots together, with the ability to interact with the world of Little Learning Machines both independently or together
- Add a human touch to your robot through special customization options within the game
Little Learning Machines is coming to Steam Early Access on October 5th! Add it to your wishlist now and be the first to play the game and help shape its future. Want to learn a little more about Little Learning Machines? Follow the game on X (Twitter), and join the Transitional Forms Discord.