Zojoi, the creator of Shadowgate, approached us to help with the global launch of its new title Argonus and the Gods of Stone.
We were immediately excited by the game, a lovingly-crafted homage to the classic movies of Ray Harryhausen that we loved as kids. Filled with ancient mythical gods and creatures, Argonus and the Gods of Stone is an epic first-person adventure set in ancient Greece. Stranded on an uncharted isle, you must use your wits to unlock legendary mysteries, barter with gods and overcome an evil that threatens to bring the world to ruin.
Project: Argonus and the Gods of Stone
What we did: Global launch PR
Zojoi created an amazing media kit for the game made up of a high-quality double-sided challenge coin and a postcard-style flyer. Because the game’s main character, Argonus, had been washed up on a desert island, developer Zojoi made the flyer in the style of a ‘Wish you were here’ seaside postcard. Working closely with Zojoi, we then identified global media to send the kits out to. The media we sent the coins to were very happy with its overall quality and we have no doubt that the kit helped secure more interest in the game.
What we did
- Created a multi-phase outreach campaign targeted at relevant global media and influencers to announce the game and then launch it
- Engaged with media to secure coverage and dealt with the distribution of Steam keys
- Created the press kit and press releases for both phases
- Sent out coin kits to select media
- Reached out to over 1000 media multiple times offering them the game for review
- Identified key influencers and approached them to cover the game
- Ran a campaign Keymailer for 4 weeks to identity target influencers as well as handle all incoming requests for keys. We also ran a front-page carousel banner campaign for the launch
Secured over 130 pieces of coverage and estimated coverage views of 1.3 million with PC Gamer, The Daily Mirror, ScreenRant, Niche Gamer and Adventure Gamers
Influencers produced over 90 videos and streams around launch with a reach of 3.7 million