Indie developer and publisher BadFly Interactive approachED us to help with the Early Access launch of Dead Effect 2 VR.
Recognising that this title was a fusion of sci-fi and horror, as well as one of the only titles of its kind on VR, we set about identifying and approaching VR influencers with a strong focus on those reaction-video creators that relish being scared half to death!
Steam (for HTC Vive and Oculus Rift)
Dead Effect 2 VR
What we did
Early Access launch PR
Pieces of Coverage
Est. Coverage Views
What we did
- Contacted media announcing that Dead Effect 2 VR was entering Early Access ahead of its full launch
- Outreach to over 600 VR-specific media, consumer games media and media that had previously covered the non-VR version of the game
- Ran an end-to-end influencer campaign using the key distribution platform Keymailer, offering over 300 keys to verified Twitch and YouTube influencers. This was supported by a promoted slot for extra visibility in the run-up to the game’s Early Access launch
- Secured 43 pieces of unique coverage from a host of top VR and consumer games media including UploadVR, VRFocus, VR Game Critic and PC Magazine
- Secured 98 pieces of influencer coverage from both YouTube and Twitch with a reach of over 1.5 million viewers. High-level influencers who offered early previews, opinions and reviews included Hagazo, Nathie and Scythe Plays, totalling well over 1m subscribers
- Organised and facilitated a PCGamesN Dead Effect 2 VR giveaway, which received over 2000 entries
- Secured BadFly’s presence at VRTO, a VR and AR event in Canada – with Dead Effect 2 VR being one of the event’s showcase VR Games