Indie developer R8 Games approached us to help with the global launch of their anti-gravity combat racer Formula Fusion on Steam.
Indie developer R8 Games approached us to help with the global launch of its anti-gravity combat racer Formula Fusion on Steam. Right from the outset, the game was rich with newsworthy hooks. Led by ex-Wipeout 3 dev Andy Walker and featuring the work of legendary Wipeout design shop The Designers Republic we jumped at the chance. Our job was to gain as much media exposure as possible, as well as run all of the game’s Facebook and Twitter activity.
What we did
What we did
- From virtually nothing, Big Games Machine built and delivered a multi-layered PR campaign
- Helped co-ordinate R8 games presence at GDC 2017 as well as lining up ten interviews with key media including Polygon, Shack News, Develop and Gamesindustry.biz
- Co-ordinated the design and creation of a series of limited edition postcard packs to give away to media and influencers
- Provided media training to the developers as well as developing media FAQ’s
- Helped coordinate their presence at EGX Rezzed in London. We arranged 20 interviews and ran a live stream interview with the head developer
- Liaised with Unreal’s team to feature the game on their blog as well as on social media
- Worked with R8 Games to facilitate the creation of a full lineup of merchandise
- Ran Twitter and Facebook including scheduling daily ‘reveal’ posts, fan and community engagement and running competitions
- Promoted the original dubstep soundtrack to music media
- Secured over 50 pieces of coverage in the run-up to launch as well as substantial reviews coverage at launch
“working with The Designers Republic was really special”
It’s not often that you get the opportunity to work with genuine design legends – especially when it’s a game that’s been created by a small and independent studio.
We looked to make the most of the incredible artwork, creating sticker packs, limited edition glossy art cards and even a range of T-shirts for fans to buy online.
- Secured 149 pieces of coverage from sites with a combined readership of 892 million
- Gained coverage in Engadget, PC Games, Rock, Paper Shotgun, Eurogamer and more
- 8.71 million estimated coverage views
- Secured Youtube and Twitch influencer coverage with a reach of almost 1 million