Ubisoft approached us to help with the global launch of its take on the incredibly popular auto-battler genre for PC and mobile.
Taking characters from the much-loved Might & Magic series, Chess Royale pits 100 players against each other. They must then battle it out to be the last-man-standing. The game has been designed with speed in mind, offering players quick-fire rounds for bursts of play.
We were asked to engage with global games media and influencers to drive awareness and interest in pre-registration for the game in the first phase. Following this, at launch, we were asked to secure global news, reviews and interviews to raise awareness of the mobile and PC versions.
PC & Mobile
Might & Magic: Chess Royale
What we did
Global launch PR
What we did
- Created a multi-phase outreach campaign targeted at relevant global media and influencers to announce the game was coming to both PC and mobile. This covered multiple vertical interest groups including Auto Battler/Auto Chess fans as well as Might & Magic fans
- Engaged with media to secure coverage and dealt with the distribution of PC and mobile review code
- Created the press kit and press release for announcement and launch
- Reached out multiple times to over 1000 media that cover PC and mobile, offering them the game for review
- Identified key influencers and approached them to cover the game
- Ran a campaign Keymailer to identity target influencers as well as handle all incoming requests for keys. We also ran a front-page carousel banner campaign for the launch of the PC version
- Generated over 300 pieces of coverage in the media from PC Gamer, Pocketgamer, Gamespot, Eurogamer, PCGamesN, Rock Paper Shotgun, Kotaku, Droid Gamers and more.
- Total estimated reach across blogs, influencers/streamers and social channels retweeting coverage was over 60 million people
- Estimated 5.2 million coverage views
- 1.8 million influencer audience reach
- Generated 250k views of influencer coverage
- 320 days of YouTube watch time