CONTENT-LED INBOUND PR CAMPAIGN
We had been impressed when we first saw Redbox’s founder and CEO, Rory Mudie, as a speaker at Pocketgamer Connects London. So when he got in touch to see if we could assist with his marketing goals, we already had a good idea what Redbox and Rory were all about.
Redbox Mobile wanted to establish itself as the go-to agency for App Store Search Marketing, including ASO (app store optimisation).
Having got traction with several big customers in the UK, Redbox had successfully raised a round of investment to help them expand and promote the business more.
Our brief was to help increase their profile with target customers as well as drive thought leadership in the media and inbound leads to their site.
What we did
Inbound PR Campaign
What we did
- We undertook detailed SEO keyword analysis to focus on keyword implementation in all their content
- Integrated the SharpSpring marketing automation system with their sales CRM database
- Set up campaigns in SharpSpring to nurture leads through to sales
We also created a full content pipeline to drive traffic and share knowledge with customers, including:
- Two blog posts a month
- One long-form authoritative blog post per quarter
- Two long-form blog posts containing always up-to-date image sizes for Google Play and The App Store plus downloadable infographics
- Created a monthly newsletter to drive customer engagement with content
How we did it
We know from experience that unique and exclusive data is one of the best ways to capture the attention of media and customers. With that in mind, we worked with the Redbox team to mine the data from their own platform, and come up with the first-ever index showing the average acquisition cost through app store search ads. The index is updated and published monthly as part of the Redbox Mobile blog and social media content.
We suggested to Redbox Mobile that they should create a report around insight into app store search. We then fleshed out an outline brief for a study entitled ‘A Global Study into Consumer Attitudes to App Discovery’. Once it received the green light, we did the following to manage the process from end-to-end.
- Identified research agency On Device Research to manage the research part of the process
- Briefed and managed the research agency through every stage of the process
- Input into the survey questions as well as managing the feedback between client and research agency
- Wrote up the final report
- Oversaw the final design by working with Redbox Mobile’s in-house designer
- Created a landing page for the website to place the survey as gated content
- Created a press release around the report and pitched it to relevant media
Using the research and data that we generated on an ongoing basis, we successfully managed to secure coverage for Redbox Mobile in key industry B2B publications including VentureBeat, Pocketgamer.biz, Mobile Marketing and Business of Apps. This coverage was achieved either through press releases or pitching bylined articles that we secured and wrote for Redbox Mobile. Overall, our coverage reached an audience reach of 9 million with 34,000 coverage views.
Redbox began to establish itself as a clear thought leader in the emerging field of app store search marketing and as a result, our inbound PR efforts drove significantly higher levels of awareness as well as inbound traffic to the website so that people could download the content we had created.