We worked with Chinese publisher BiliBili to help raise the PR sails on their nautical-inspired RPG.
Having delivered exceptional results for their previous games (such as Soda Crisis), Chinese publisher BiliBili came to us once again to help raise the profile of their latest game, nautical-inspired RPG Sailing Era.
Our role involved crafting a press release highlighting the game’s strengths, including its highly-detailed recreation of the ocean and weather effects. We also compiled media and influencer lists, utilising our previous connections from BiliBili’s past game launches to enhance our outreach to target key media outlets.
Our team also oversaw code distribution, allocating Steam codes before launch to high-value targets and handling any additional code requests received throughout the launch period. We made use of the Sailing Era’s strong initial interest to generate further coverage across the launch week in top-tier PC-focused outlets, as well as console-focused media.
Project: Sailing Era
Platform: PC, Playstation & Switch
What We Did: Created a wave of media coverage by coordinating the launch and code distribution of BiliBili’s RPG, Sailing Era.
What we did
- Conducted a successful launch campaign with multiple rounds of embargoed outreach before the launch of Sailing Era, with subsequent follow-ups after release.
- Used the buzz around the game at launch to secure further coverage in various high-tier games media.
- Produced imaginative pitches around the game’s pirate and sailing themes to engage the media while maintaining our key role of delivering crucial information.
- Secured 81 pieces of coverage with an estimated audience of 329M and 2.82M estimated views in top-tier outlets, including IGN, PC Gamer, Game Rant, GamesRadar, CBR and Rock Paper Shotgun.
- Generated review requests from over 70 separate outlets.