We helped Chinese publisher BiliBili to put some fizz into the announcement of their soda-inspired shooter, Soda Crisis, on Steam.
Chinese Publisher BiliBili approached Big Games Machine to help get the media bubbling with excitement about the launch of their soda-inspired, side-scrolling shooter Soda Crisis.
Our role involved the creation of an engaging press release highlighting the fast-paced gameplay and key aspects of the game. We also delivered targeted outreach before and after the launch, distributing codes to a carefully curated media list of journalists and influencers with specific interest in arcade games.
A combination of the extensive research we put into building media lists and the personalised approaches for our key targets delivered strong results across traditional media outlets and influencer content.
We secured reviews with outlets including Screen Rant and Try Hard Guides, who were impressed with the title’s visual presentation and frantic gameplay, as well as release window coverage with Bleeding Cool, Giant Bomb and Polygon’s ‘The Besties’ podcast.
Project: Soda Crisis
What We Did: Coordinated the launch campaign of PC game Soda Crisis to secure almost 90 pieces of media coverage.
What we did
- Drafted a high-quality launch press release that clearly highlighted the key points of the game in an engaging way.
- Extensive research into building bespoke media lists with journalists and influencers that would be most interested in the game.
- Targeted websites with Metacritic and Opencritic registration, securing a positive overall review score on both sites.
- Coordinated distribution of Steam keys in advance of launch day to high-value outlets, working to ensure reviews landed alongside the game’s release.
- We secured 87 pieces of coverage. These were viewed more than 824k times by an audience of over 141m.
- Accrued an overall Metacritic score of 78% and an Opencritic top critic average of 79%.
- Soda Crisis saw a significant influx of interest on Twitter during launch week, where it was mentioned more than 200 times, alongside more than 100 mentions on forums, including Reddit.