Mixtvision approached us in early 2022 to get the gaming community bubbling with anticipation for their then-upcoming rhythm game, Onde.
Mixtvision approached us to support the announcement and launch of their unique wave-riding rhythm game, Onde, on Steam.
Similarly to our previous campaigns with publisher Mixtvision, we used Onde’s distinct gameplay style – which revolves around solving puzzles and making music in a range of ethereal worlds – as a key focus in our outreach to deliver exceptional results.
We handled the announcement date and launch period outreach for Onde, drafting a launch press release and researching a detailed media list targeting higher-tier outlets. In the launch window, we secured coverage at many outlets, including Eurogamer, IGN, RPS, Bleeding Cool and Twinfinite.
What We Did: Caused a huge splash for the announcement and launch of the rhythm game Onde, securing over 60 pieces of media coverage.
What we did
- Drafted a launch press release and media list targeting a wide range of general games media and those with a dedicated PC focus.
- Distributed Steam codes to higher-tier media outlets to secure scores on Metacritic and Opencritic.
- We conducted personalised outreach targeting media contacts interested in the rhythm and music genre.
- We secured 64 pieces of coverage in the launch window of Onde, with an estimated view count of 799k and a combined audience of over 175m.
- Our coverage in outlets such as Rock Paper Shotgun, Eurogamer, IGN and GameBlast achieved a 76% Metacritic Score for Onde.